Monday, April 7, 2008

Feeling naked

So, my friend Patricia was helping me make the NAIA logo "clickable" (since I want all art show artists to become members and support the NAIA) and of course, she wanted to see my blog. Now, she's my very good friend and one of the people who has been encouraging me to blog. I went to send her the link and suddenly - I'm feeling quite naked! It's not like I posted some big revealing secret or accidentally posted an embarrassing picture! But there it is. That naked feeling.

It's the same feeling you get when you make a new piece of work that's radically different than your normal body of work. You may really like it but will anyone else? What if people look at it and wonder if you're nuts or just have no taste? It's putting yourself on the line for something you've created. Some times it's easy, some times you just stand there feeling naked.

So, she looked. She didn't immediately write back and say politely that I might better take it down since once it had been edited, there would be nothing left. Nope, she's my friend and told me I did good. I'm feeling clothed again. Thanks Pat!

1 comment:

Holly Olinger said...

Well the cat is out of the bag. Pat left a trail of crumbs and I found your blog. Is it another naked moment?