Thursday, October 31, 2013

Cancer - or lack thereof



5 years ago today I had the mammogram that saved my life. Couldn’t feel it even though they said it had been growing for 6-8 years. But the mammogram found it. I looked at the images before I left and I said to the tech, oh that doesn’t look good. She said they would call me if it was something and I got the call a few days later.



For some people this is a life changing experience but I was lucky. For me thankfully it was more one of those little bumps in life we all get. A touch scary but eventually over other than the drugs.



But last night it interrupted my sleep. There’s such a fuss made over the 5 year mark and even though I haven’t quite made it there, it will be here soon. My hope is that I’ll be able to stop the nasty drugs and then I won’t have the daily reminder.



But I’ll always remember the day it all started because it was my birthday present 5 years ago. Even though the spot I saw on the images wasn’t actually where the cancer was…

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

The world is a better place with Bonnie in it, and I'm so glad you've made the mark! Hugs, girlfriend!

Anonymous said...

I have been putting off my mammogram... I just made the appointment. So glad your story is what it is!

JLK Jewelry said...

I'm glad you've made the mark, and hope that the drugs can be finished. I agree with Luann. May the next five be drug free!

JLK Jewelry said...

I hope that the next five years will be drug free, and am glad you made that mark. I agree with Luann!

JLK Jewelry said...

I hope that the next five years will be drug free, and am glad you made that mark. I agree with Luann!

JLK Jewelry said...

oops Bonnie-I thought that I was getting the code wrong. Sorry for the multiples!

Runaway Housewife said...

Thank you for your openness in sharing this, Bonnie. Here's to the next five times five.