Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Oops - the year end stuff got me!

It's been almost a week since I last wrote anything and I didn't even realize it! That's what the year end does to me!

For me the year end means getting all my books ready for taxes. Unfortunately, it's not just my own personal books. It's the books for the Garage Sale Art Fair, the NAIA, my Dad, my personal books and for my business. Yikes!!! The good news is that this is the last year dealing with the NAIA books. That one has always felt like the biggest since it's using software I'm not as comfortable with.

So, since my days have been filled with financial issues and numbers swimming in my head, today I decided to take a break and work on something different. I chose the Garage Sale Art Fair. Now my head is swimming with different numbers!

Booth numbers, number of tables needed, number of postcards each person needs, who wants electricity, who didn't pay the right amount for their particular booth size and on and on. I want to get to the fun part of the garage sale! The wearing of funny hats and watching the crowds swarming around artists and picking up those special little bargains! Watching people walk out carrying bags of great deals and bargains!!!

But, it's not time for that yet. It's time to work on all the financial books so I can get things sent to all the different accountants. Let their heads swim with all the numbers!

I want to make jewelry...

No comments: