Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Traveling

So this is the unglamorous part of doing art fairs. I had to get up at 4 am to be on the road by 4:30 am to be able to quit driving shortly after dark. So after being on the road for 16 hours, we're finally safely holed up in a "lovely" hotel in Macon Georgia. In fact in the very same room we've stayed in before. How strange is that?

This has been a day of non-exciting events. I've discovered RainX window washing fluid. Lovely stuff. Saw a beautiful rainbow somewhere in Tennessee. Saw an act of togetherness that I'm taking as a warm fuzzy. A tandem FedEx truck had tipped over and just beyond it were 5 other tandem FedEx trucks sitting by the side of the road with their flashers on. It didn't look serious other than the truck on it's side so I'm not being flip. I just took it as a great show of support!

Love the coleslaw at Chick-fil-a which we don't have up north so that's where we had dinner. Surprisingly good dinner! I may never sleep again with all the coffee I drank today to make sure I was awake and perky but I need to find out since morning will come quickly and it's another long day on the road tomorrow. To be continued...

No comments: