Monday, March 29, 2010

Home again - with pictures!



It's always great getting back home and working my way back into the "home" routine. Last Friday I was just thinking that it was kind of a boring day when someone pulled up in front of my house, blocking my driveway. As I watched, the woman jumped out and started walking up my driveway taking pictures. Being the curious person I am, I opened the front door and asked what she was doing. Being the lovely person she was, she proceeded to tell me what I could do with my question and mouth off to me. As she was getting back in the car she finally mentioned what she was taking pictures of... a huge fireball behind my house. I still don't understand why she didn't ring the doorbell and warn us!

My first concern was getting my van out of the garage but once that was done, I needed to rescue some of my display stuff since it's all stored in that garage addition. Luckily a couple of neighbors were able to help since Dick was getting the hose (which was still in winter storage) set up and hosing down the garage. His doing that kept the damage down on my garage (see the "melted" picture). Unfortunately, my one neighbor wasn't so lucky as the fire completely destroyed his garage as you can see in the picture.

The good news? No one was hurt! And I'm now looking forward to those boring days once again!

2 comments:

Patricia Hecker said...

Oh my! Glad all are safe!

Karen Blandford said...

WHY DIDN"T YOU CALL YOUR SISTER SO SHE COULD PANIC ABOUT YOUR SAFETY WITHIN A REASONABLE TIME FRAME OF THE EVENT INSTEAD OF FREAKING OUT LATER!!