Friday, August 29, 2008

Physical Therapy

I love my physical therapist, Jerry at Achieve Physical Therapy. He started working with me before I had my first knee replaced since I didn't want to go into the surgery with absolutely no muscle tone. I was with him through his next 3 kids and my 2 knee replacements, one broken kneecap surgery, bursa problems and my current broken kneecap.

He did so much more for me than just get me up and walking again. He helped my head as well as my body through all those many months, encouraging me and pushing me. Plus we laughed a lot! I've tried to explain to him over the years how he helps people in more ways than he realizes and I think maybe he gets it now.

He just moved to a brand new building (owned by my orthopedic surgeon) and I ran by to see it and him today. Even though the location is new, it's like coming home when I see him. His office is where I met both Tomi and Kathy (new baby Anna's Mom) who are my "girls who gather". I think Jerry still gets a kick out of the fact that we are all still in such close contact.

It's interesting where and how people come into your life and why some stick and some don't. I'm lucky to have all these wonderful people in my life...

1 comment:

Patricia Hecker said...

We're lucky to have you in our life!!
Hugs,
Pat & Jon
♥♥