Thursday, May 26, 2011

Facebook and me

I came to using Facebook kicking and screaming that I didn't want to know what everyone had for breakfast. That's what I thought it was. Boy was I wrong!

What a great way to share life's moments. You can give support, get support, celebrate when the great things happen and commiserate when things aren't so wonderful. You can spend a lot of time on it or just check in once in a while, it's up to you. But you stay connected.

This can be a very solitary lifestyle if you're not at a show. Just me alone in my studio. Now I love my workspace but I really need to be connected to the outside world as well. Facebook does that for me. I can see what my friends have been up to at any time of the day or night without disturbing anyone. A little piece of the outside world. It's wonderful!

My friend Vic turned off her Facebook during her busy season. I can understand that her focus needs to be on her work and not on Facebook but I miss her already. How will I know that she just had the best show of her entire career? Or that they're winning awards at every show? Or whatever little news she might have???

Facebook can take as little or as much time as you want to give it. I've found it works for me... Back to the studio!

1 comment:

Victoria said...

Hi! Aw gee...it's nice to be missed. ;-)East Lansing was a great show this year. Hope to see you in Kalamazoo next week! (I guess I'll have to start using my blog instead of FB? LOL) Love, Vic.