We're going to Texas for the Cottonwood Art Festival this weekend. As much as I love a good road trip, I went into panic mode over whether to go or to cancel due to the very rocky economy. The out of pocket expenses will be high and having not done a show in the area, I have no idea if anyone will even like my work!
Canceling an art fair that you've made a commitment to is a big decision. It's not something you take lightly. It's hard on the show to try to fill last minute cancellations and an empty booth never looks good. Sometimes you have to do it but this wasn't one of them. Michael was gung ho to go so, we're taking the gamble.
I'm really excited to see my friend Marilyn O'Hara outside of a big wholesale show. She's gone from making jewelry to photographing it and she's really, really good. I've seen samples and I think coming from the angle of having made jewelry, she understands better how to photograph it. Seeing both her and Tricia will just be the bonus to doing the show. So, off I go -
On the road again...