Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday of the entire year. It's all about the warm fuzzy of my favorite meal of the year. Don't mess with my Thanksgiving dinner. I want everything the same, year after year. Boring? Never! Just full of memories of my Mom complaining that we wouldn't let her try new recipes or change anything. She was only allowed to mess with the vegetables since we felt they were not the highlight of the meal so it was safe. For someone who was an unbelievably good cook and delighted in never repeating recipes, this was tough for Mom.

Last year was the first time that I tackled the entire Thanksgiving meal on my own (other than the pies which is Dick's area). For the first time in my life, everything was done at the same time and it was an unbelievably beautiful meal. It was the kind of meal that would go down in my family history for it's glory. And it will but not for the right reasons. My Dad ended in the emergency room just as the bird was coming out of the oven so there I sat, with our guest, just wanting him to eat fast so I could get to the ER and check on Dad. I took a picture of the damn bird just so I would get credit for how beautiful he was since no one was there to see him.

This year for the first time ever, we're going out to eat on Thanksgiving...

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

No comments: