Monday, June 7, 2010

Losing Susie Sunshine

I'm losing her, I'll admit it. The current conditions in the world and in my own little world are getting to me. I'm losing my Pollyanna attitude. I'm no longer going to be called a Susie Sunshine unless I can find a way to change. So that's my goal and I found a blog that gave me the way to achieve it.

The blog is from a woman who lists 10 good things that happened that day. Unfortunately, I can't find the blog to give her credit but I will.

So here's my list from Saturday at the Kalamazoo Art Fair.

1. Dick went with me which made it so much easier and much more fun.
2. Got to see and catch up with lots of friends
3. The rain held off until I got everything but the canopy into the van.
4. Met a wonderful woman who also had braces and hopefully made her feel better about possible surgery.
5. Found the perfect person for a favorite pair of my earrings. Wish they all looked that great!
6. Saw a great customer I haven't seen in a while and learned what she's been going through and that things are much better now.
7. Had a great smoothie of strawberries, raspberries and lemon. Yum!
8. Scott got to meet "the" Dick.
9. I finally remembered to ask BJ Jordan if she wanted to be called BJ or Becky.
10. After getting up at 4:30 am, decided that 9 pm was NOT too early to go to bed after the show.

Okay, that's my first try at getting back my Susie Sunshine. It will take work but I WILL win!!!

4 comments:

Valerie A. Heck Esmont said...

I have days where I'm not susie sunshine either! Hang in there. And I love lising 10 good things a day, that is a wonderful idea! : )

Scott's wife said...

Even in your darkest, crankiest moments...you will ALWAYS be "Susie Sunshine"! Because, my dear, you are a bright spot in SO many lives, and you always leave people feeling uplifted by simply meeting you.

(and, #8 is high on Scott's 10 good things about the day as well! :-) )

Patricia Hecker said...

You always make me smile!

Some days are better than others.
I think the trick these days is to find your corner of peace, don't look too far ahead and hug those you love whenever you get the chance.
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
Hugs,
Pat

Luann Udell said...

Oh, I wish I'd said what Scott's wife said. Wait.... I CAN!!

DITTO what Scott's wife said!
hugs from Lu