Monday, May 18, 2009

~~~Baxter~~~

This is when I wish I was an eloquent writer of beautiful prose because this is Baxter, a member of the Hecker family and my nephew. He was only in their lives for 7 months but will be in their hearts forever. As Pat described him, he had short legs, hadn't grown into his ears yet and he ran like a puppy! It was love at first sight, on both sides when he first ran into their lives.

There were always great Baxter stories and hopefully the memories will bring some comfort to his family but for right now, it just hurts. And frankly, it doesn't seem fair.

Baxter brought a great amount of love into numerous lives in a short amount of time. He'll always be remembered with a smile and a story...RIP Baxter...

1 comment:

Patricia Hecker said...

Thanks 'Aunt' Bonnie,
Baxter was a ray of hope and we were blessed to have him. I just wish it was longer. I wasn't done loving him!
xxoo

Pat